MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB
Finals Merchandise Guard of Honour Competition
Terms and Conditions – Game of Chance
By entering the Finals Merchandise Guard of Honour Competition, you agree to the following conditions:
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is Melbourne Football Club Limited (A.B.N. 27 005 686 902) (“Melbourne Football Club” or the “Promoter”).
3. Entry is open to Australian residents excluding directors, management, employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate.
4. Eligible Entrants: Any person over the age of 5 years old would be eligible to take part in the experience.
5. The promotion commences at 5pm (AEST) on Sunday 27th August, 2023 and closes at 11.59 pm (AEST) on Tuesday 29th August 2023 (Promotion Period).
6. To enter the draw, Eligible Entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotion Period:
i. visit the competition page at https://shop.melbournefc.com.au/
ii. purchase any item from the ‘Possessed’ Finals range during the promotional period
8. Incomplete or illegible entries will be deemed invalid and will be rejected. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry where it reasonably suspects that such materials are prohibited by these terms and conditions, any relevant law, or are otherwise deemed inappropriate. This is at the Promoter's absolute discretion and discussions will not be entered into.
10. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction of any communications network or any lost, late, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries, howsoever caused.
11. The winning Eligible Entrants will be drawn 1 business day (11.30am, Thursday, 31st August 2023) after the competition closes at MCG, Brunton Ave, East Melbourne, 3002. Winner will be selected using a random number generator.
12. The winners of Finals Merchandise Guard of Honour Competition (prize includes 2 x Guard of Honour tickets at Melbourne’s first final played at the MCG. Travel, accommodation and tickets to the game are not included) will be notified by email and phone, within 1 business day of the draw, using contact details provided in their entry.
13. In the event that a winner is unable to be contacted, and all reasonable methods of communication are unsuccessful, alternative winners will be chosen from the pool of Eligible Entrants. The prizes offered by this Competition remain the property of the Promoter until claimed by each respective prize winner.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the prize.
16. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash and if for any reason whatsoever, a prize becomes unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize to another prize of the same or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
18. Promoter holds no responsibility for incorrect or insufficient details provided by the entrant. Should an entrant’s details change, it is the responsibility of the entrant to provide these details to the Promoter.
19. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize.
20. There are twenty (20) prizes available – the opportunity to take part in the Guard of Honour at our first final of the 2023 Toyota AFL Finals Series that is played at the MCG. Estimated value of prize is $220 inclusive of GST. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes. Total prize pool, $220 inclusive of GST.
21. The prize is not redeemable for cash, other goods and services or an alternative game. The prize winner must be available to attend Melbourne Football Clubs first final played at the MCG.
22. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations and the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
23. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
Congratulations to the winners below